The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Fall Sports Are Coming to a Close

With the winter coming closer and closer every day, it’s a good time to have the final checkin with how the fall sports teams did over their season.  

Football 

The Mustang football team had a great season, going undefeated in the regular season and winning the district championship game over Meridian High. Their season ended after a 6-7 loss against Coeur D’Alene High in the semi-final of the playoffs. Even though the season ended sadly, the Mustangs had a great season.  

“I think that the football season had the best fan experience in the past years I have been here,” said junior Nathan Dutchover. 

Volleyball 

The Mustang volleyball team had an outstanding season, posting a 34-5 record in the season. They made it all the way to the state championship game where they fell just short, losing 2-1 against Madison High. 

Soccer 

Both the men’s and the women’s soccer teams had outstanding seasons. The men’s soccer team had a 12-7-1 record and made it to the semifinal game against Rocky Mountain High, where they would lose 2-1.  The girl’s soccer team had a record of 13-5-1 and made it also to the semifinal where they would lose to Boise High 1-0.  

Swim 

The boys’ swim team had a total record of 2-7-4 and the womens’ swim team had a record of 8-3-2 and came 5th in state. 

The collective sports that took place over the fall season. 

“Most of the teams that had sports actually played really good and all the athletes were happy,” said junior Drew Demarini.  

Now the fall sports chapter is closed at Eagle High, one can only hope for the winter sports to do great, as well. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Stampede

Your donation will support the student journalists of Eagle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.