The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Upcoming Albums Coming Out for Fall 2023 to Look Out for

There are several new music releases dropping in the new 2023 fall season, from rock, rap, hip-hop, to pop. Many notable albums are scheduled to drop this season, and these popular artists are trying to cement their legacy into the music hall of fame. 

To start off with an album that dropped recently, pop star Olivia Rodrigo released her album titled “GUTS,” on Sept 8. Rodrigo teased the album with hit single, “vampire” which peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. She released her album 840 days after her freshman album drop, “SOUR.” Sour was an immediate hit which set up the anticipation for GUTS. 

Rapper Drake is releasing his eighth studio album this year, titled “For all the Dogs” soon. It was teased to be dropped on Aug. 25 according to a tweet by Amazon Music. 

“Drizzy’s son has a future as a cover artist. New @drake august 25th!!” It was not released, and Drake has made no public statement regarding the real release date as of yet.  

Rock band “The Rolling Stones,” one of the most influential bands of all time, is set to release their newest studio album in 18 years. The album will be titled “Hackney Diamonds,” and will only include music from before drummer Charlie Watts passed away.  

“I’m excited for Playboi Carti to release right now,” said junior Nathan Kendall. Rapper Playboi Carti, famous for his amazing vocals on his rap albums has been teasing a drop recently as well. The new album titled “Narcissist” has been teased to drop since late September of 2021. 

“I’ve been looking forward to some 38Spesh. He dropped a new single like five days ago,” said junior Ja’Davian Rhoden. 38Spesh is an upcoming artist with over 200,000 listeners on Spotify. He dropped his single, “Latex Gloves” featuring popular artist Conway the Machine, on Aug. 24, 2023. 

There is a lot of new music dropping this season, all of it from well established artists. All of these are from many different genres of music, so this is a perfect time to add amazing, new music to an old playlist.