Singer-Songwriter Taylor Swift Announces New Album that Excites Fans More than Ever Before

Kate Vorobieff
Tons of Eagle High students are excited for the release of the next Taylor Swift Album. Sophomore Skylar Bieghler is excited for the release in April.

While accepting her 13th Grammy for best pop vocal album, singer-song writer Taylor Swift announced her new album coming out on April 19. She has been nominated for over 52 Grammys, and later in the night on Feb 4, she received her 14th award for the Album of Year. The new album is called “The Tortured Poets Department.”  

Most fans were expecting her to add to the “Taylor’s Version” album series, but she proceeded to shock everyone with this brand-new album that she had been working on for the past two years. The cover of the album is going to be a black and white picture of Swift laying on the bed with only the lower half of her face showing.  

“The new album is supposed to be about her ex-boyfriend, Joe Alwyn. It is expected to be an emotional album,” said fan and senior Ellektra Klein.  

She dated actor, Alwyn, from London for about six years, and they recently broke up in the spring of 2023.  

In her eighth studio album, “Lover”, Swift wrote a song called “London Boy” while they were dating. The song includes lyrics like, “I love my London boy,” and “He likes my American style.” This song is about their relationship while dating.   

“I love Taylor Swift and even got the opportunity to go to a concert in the summer of 2023,” said sophomore Veronica Eliason. This Eras Tour brought over two billion dollars of revenue to Swift as one of the highest earnings of a female artist. 

If a happy song is released, it is expected to be about her current boyfriend Travis Kelce. As Taylor Swift’s popularity is still on the rise, this is going to be one of her biggest albums yet with around 16 new songs.  

Taylor Swift fans can’t wait any longer for the “The Tortured Poets Department” album and the new songs that are released in it.