Battle of The Bands is the Music Competition Where Anyone Can Join

Battle of The Bands is an event where multiple non-school affiliated bands compete against each other to earn the title of “best band.” At Eagle High, the winner is decided by both the audience and the attending judges.

The Battle of the Bands was held at Eagle High on March 8. Bands played all genres of music at this event. (Aiden Goodell)

This is the third year that Battle of the Bands has been at Eagle High. It was held on March 8. Battle of the Bands is organized by teacher Layne Ward. Anyone can create a band and perform at this event next year during March.

For the 2024 Battle of the Bands, the winner was “The Marshall Brothers.” The band members include freshmen Aidan Marshall, who plays lead guitar and vocals, Jack Marshall the drummer and Carter Brown the bassist.

This year’s Battle of The Bands had a total of seven bands perform. A notable performer this year was senior Bradley Fischer. Fischer is a part of two bands, “Turkey’s Playing Table Tennis,” and a solo band “Fischer.”

Each band performed two cover songs and one original song.

The yearly tradition of Battle of the Bands has no signs of slowing down.

“It’s a fun thing to do. The first year was a success, students liked it. ‘Let’s do it again’ we said,” Ward said. The event has gained a big audience, where last year it garnered approximately 400 attendees. If there’s interest from bands and attendees, there is no plan to stop Battle of the Bands.

The cost to attend the next Battle of the Bands was three dollars with an activity card, and five dollars without an activity card, per person. These proceeds went to Layne Ward’s Japanese club.

Bands around Eagle High have no reason to shy away from joining next year’s event. The winners of the event can record a few songs in Jeff Abercrombie’s studio with no charge.

“Performing at the event can be a great way to get experience working with an audience,” said Ward.

If there is spare time next year, be sure to attend next year’s Battle of the Bands as either an artist or audience member.