Eagle High Senior Kyler Golden Takes a Stand Against Apple’s App Store Monopoly

Senior+Kyler+Golden+created+a+petition+against+the+company+Apple.+Golden+believes+technology+rights+are+being+stripped+from+Americans.+
Izzy Rios
Senior Kyler Golden created a petition against the company Apple. Golden believes technology rights are being stripped from Americans.

In a bold move that has caught the attention of his peers and the community, senior Kyler Golden has initiated a petition against tech giant Apple. The petition focuses on challenging Apple’s control over third-party app stores and web browsers, with Golden arguing that the decisions made by wealthy CEOs are impacting consumers negatively. 

Golden, a tech enthusiast with a passion for making a positive impact, believes that Apple’s dominance in controlling app distribution and browser choices limits user freedom.  

“The United States government has demanded that Apple take an unprecedented step which threatens the security of our customers. We oppose this order, which has implications far beyond the legal case at hand. The implications of the government’s demands are chilling. If the government can use the All Writs Act to make it easier to unlock your iPhone, it would have the power to reach into anyone’s device to capture their data,” said Apple creator Tim cook, in an interview on cnbc.com.  

The ambitious high school senior has set a series of milestones for his petition, aiming to gather support from his fellow students and the wider community. Once he reaches 50 signatures, Golden plans to contact Apple CEO Tim Cook, expressing the concerns and demands of the petition. With 100 signatures he intends to bring the petition directly to Apple, hoping to grab the attention of decision-makers within the company. The final goal is to amass 200 signatures, at which point Golden believes he will have the leverage to influence change. 

Golden’s ideas extend beyond the petition; he dreams of creating a significant impact in the tech world. Despite being passionate about tech products, he envisions a future where technology serves humanity in a broader sense.  

“I want consumers to be protected. I’m tired of rich CEOs getting richer and consumers having less and less rights,” said Golden.  

Known for his kindness and dedication, Golden has already begun garnering support for his cause within the school and online. Friends and classmates have praised his initiative, describing him as a compassionate individual with a genuine desire to make a difference.  

This petition has the potential to make a huge difference in consumers’ lives, especially Golden’s. Anyone wishing to support this effort can visit www.change.org/giveusotherchioces 

Aside from Golden’s tech goals, his kindhearted spirit also drives him to want eventually open a shelter for homeless people, orphans and retired seniors that is based on teaching them8j tech based learning and therapy.  

As Golden continues his campaign, he remains hopeful that the power of collective voices can influence change and encourage companies like Apple to reconsider their approach to app store monopolies. The community awaits the outcome of Goldens petition, recognizing the potential for a high school senior to make a significant impact on the tech industry’s landscape.