Graphic Design is an Easy A if Students Can Keep Up

Kate Vorobieff
The new Graphic Design class at Eagle High is run by a teacher Taylor Andreason and has been a great outlet for the creative students at Eagle High. Their projects combine an art and technology curriculum created by Andreason.

With everyone getting fresh new classes for the second semester, there’s a lot of mixing as kids switch classes, and Eagle High is introducing new classes for students to enjoy. One of those classes is Graphic Design, taught by teacher Taylor Andreasen, who also teaches photography. 

During the first semester of this year, Andreasen used the students as ‘Guinea pigs,’ finding what times and how long to do certain things to make sure that students second semester had adequate time to get all the projects done. While that first class may have not been the best test pool, Andreasen has found her footing with the second semester of students. She has said that she loves graphic design, and that she is excited to teach it.  

The classwork consists of video work, along with experimenting in Adobe Illustrator. Students get to create monoline logos, paper cutouts and much more. While the class seemed hard to first semester students, there is plenty of down time to make the best design for the highest grade this semester. She also said that students could go on to more graphic design classes in future years, so it’s best to start now for students who are interested. This class also counts for your electives for graduation. 

While not everyone gets to say that they are a graphic designer, with this class, students get better at many things including working with Adobe, color theory, layering artwork and so much more. Make sure to sign up next school year.