Unlock Radiant Skin This Winter with the Newest Trends in Skincare

Winter+skin+care+is+all+about+hydration+and+a+good+regime.+Ordinary%2C+Drunk+Elephant%2C+Glow+Recipe+are+some+brands+that+are+used+to+maintain+a+glowy+and+balanced+skin+PH.++
Izzy Rios
Winter skin care is all about hydration and a good regime. Ordinary, Drunk Elephant, Glow Recipe are some brands that are used to maintain a glowy and balanced skin PH.

As the winter season sweeps in with its chilly ambiance, one may find their skin needing a little extra attention to combat the harsh winter weather. With trends like the clean makeup look skincare is becoming exceptionally important. Luckily, there are many skin-reviving trends and tactics to potentially follow this winter that will leave anyone’s skin smooth and radiant.

In the realm of winter skincare, three notable trends are making waves right now. This winter, simplicity is the key, and many people are turning to “skincare minimalism”.

People are opting for effective routines and products that prioritize essential care over complexity. Having a surplus of products will, oftentimes, dry out and damage the skin barrier.

As skin minimalism is becoming encouraged, there is a huge rise in hybrid products, including things like tinted moisturizers, sunscreens and highlighting serums. Brands like Glow Recipe and Glossier are great for individuals wishing to decrease the products in their skincare and makeup routines. 

According to Sophie Shaw at cnn.com, “Having a whole arsenal of cleansers, toners, exfoliators, serums, moisturizers, face oils and more can overload the skin, causing sensitivity and irritation.”                                    

Inside the upcoming trend of less is more, there is an increase in Japanese skincare techniques that emphasize gentle and nourishing ingredients that easily gets the job done. These straightforward ingredients in Japanese beauty leave the skin nurtured, hydrated and glowing. Japanese skincare offers a wide variety of brands and items to use.  

A couple of the most popular are Tatcha and Cosrx. The two brands are both known for their hydrating and clean ingredients. Japanese skincare is also acknowledged for its homemade remedies like rice-water.  

Along with Japanese skincare, hydration takes center stage this winter as products that focus on deep moisturization are gaining immense popularity. When it comes to hydration, there are a large number of brands and specific products that are available to choose from depending on personal preferences and skin types.  A couple of popular brands include: The Ordinary, Paulas Choice and Good Molecules.  

“I know personally, a lot of thought goes into the products I use in my routine. Currently, I use the Youth To The People Kale face wash, the Tatcha water cream moisturizer, the Advanced Rejuvenating Concepts clarifying toner and clearing complex,” said sophomore Norah Bush. “I love all of these products and they’ll all be helpful with maintaining a healthy skin barrier this winter.” 

A popular trend that Eagle High Students have reported participating in is slugging. Despite the potentially off-putting name, this method consists of covering one’s face with a thick layer of a non-comedogenic product, while sleeping at night. A common product people tend to use is Vaseline or another petroleum jelly-based product.  

Overall, as winter unfolds its chilly embrace, the world of skincare undergoes a transformative shift to overcome parched or even flaky skin. From Japanese skincare rituals, really hydrating products and consolidation within routines, there are so many different tactics, products and tools that will help students skin glow and repair as the cold and dry winter season attempts to dehydrate and deteriorate skin barriers.