The Winter Fashion and Beauty Trends of 2023

Multiple+Eagle+High+students+show+snippets+of+their+closets%2C+such+as+wide+leg+jeans%2C+low+rise+and+high-rise+styles%2C+a+thrifted+comfy+sweater%2C+two+popular+styles+of+shoes+and+a+fitted+Y2K+inspired+shirt.+All+of+these+make+for+a+great+example+of+a+2023+capsule+wardrobe.+
Kate Vorobieff
Multiple Eagle High students show snippets of their closets, such as wide leg jeans, low rise and high-rise styles, a thrifted comfy sweater, two popular styles of shoes and a fitted Y2K inspired shirt. All of these make for a great example of a 2023 capsule wardrobe.

2023 has seen many different trends, including maximalism, European summer and the return of ‘90s and 2000s pieces. Yet as winter approaches, some prominent trends can be seen.

Wide leg pants are still very popular as the seasons change. Some are wearing their pants long, while some are chopping the ends off for a distressed look. Ripped and distressed denim is seeing a decrease in popularity, and the clean look is on the rise again. The battle of low and high-rise jeans is still a controversial topic. Many are leaning towards lower and midrise fashions, however.

“I think that high rise jeans still look better,” said sophomore Kalei Thomsen. “But I’m starting to see the vison on the low-rise trend.”

The current color pallets are leaning more to the neutrals and blue tones as the seasons change. Many of the big aesthetics are influenced by the “old money” look with elements of quiet blue, floral prints, tall and slim silhouettes, loafers and simple, yet elegant purses.

At Eagle High several students are leaning towards the more Y2K looks, leading to many students choosing to thrift. This has become a huge trend within Eagle High and makes for some unique outfits and micro trends.

Looking at shoes, people have been loving Mary Janes, loafers and the classic converse. The trend of retro Nikes, Low Dunks and Blazers are on the rise once again.

“I really like that there’s such a wide variety of shoe trends. It just makes it so fun to change it up,” said sophomore Alania Tiner.

Looking into the makeup trends of 2023, they’ve been changing from the clean natural look to a more dramatic look as the weather gets colder. Bold lips and eye looks have been in, yet skin has been staying glowy and bronzed. Lots of blush is a must and minimal concealer and warm tones have been all the rage.

All in all, the changes will most likely change faster than anyone can really keep up with them, but everything comes back. This winter’s trends are proof of that, and just goes to show style and make up are an ever-repeating cycle.