The Eagle High Cheer Team Flies High on the Sidelines

Eagle+High%E2%80%99s+cheerleading+team+leads+a+cheer+to+pep+the+student+section+up.+They+cheer+as+the+varsity+football+team+takes+the+victory.+
Kara Skiles
Eagle High’s cheerleading team leads a cheer to pep the student section up. They cheer as the varsity football team takes the victory.

The Eagle High cheerleading team consistently produces high-energy, entertaining performances to lead the student section through the 2023 football season.  

This dedicated group of young athletes brings heart and soul to the Eagle High student section, transforming friday night lights into unforgettable experiences. Eagle High football games have always been a source of pride for the community, but it’s the spirited enthusiasm of the cheerleading team that truly electrifies the atmosphere, especially considering this football season’s 8-0 record.  

“All the cheerleaders are super nice and friendly, and I love watching them lead cheers at football games; they’re so talented,” said sophomore Lila Webber.   

On top of the teams’ outstanding performances at various sporting events, The Eagle High cheer team is set to compete at an end-of- season 5A Southern Idaho Conference competition; fine-tuning their routine with determination to showcase their skills and hopefully bring home a win for Eagle High, which we be the only throughout the year.  

“I feel confident in the Varsity teams’ ability to come out, execute and prove themselves,” said freshman and cheerleader Brooke Montgomery. “There are some really amazing girls, with really amazing coaching, and I’d be surprised if they didn’t come out on top.”  

The head coach and counselor, Francesca Murphy, has done a phenomenal job at coaching these hard-working athletes and creating confidence in their ability to pull out a win.  

The Eagle High cheer teams’ student athletes have and will continue to put in the hard work in order to prove themselves. Their resilience, passion and dedication demonstrate to the Eagle community what Eagle High stands for.