The JV Football Team Deserves Better Recognition

Izzy Rios
The JV Football team works hard to make most of their season with hopes of becoming as successful the following year. Many senior players are leaving and going to college soon.

While the varsity football team has had much success this season, the junior varsity team’s wins are often overlooked. Many people do not know that the JV team plays a part in the success of the varsity team. The JV team mimics the plays of the opponent for the week and practices these plays with the varsity team. This prepares the varsity players for what is to come in their upcoming game. 

The JV team has a lot of potential. The JV is the sub varsity level of football. Mainly consisting of sophomores, the JV team is having a great season. They have a record of 3-2 and have had some players move up to varsity after outstanding performances.  

They have the same schedule as the varsity team, but they play one day earlier, and the venue is flipped. If the varsity has a home game, JV plays an away game, and it is the other way around for varsity. Their games are on Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. 

The JV team is coached by head coach Colton Orr, offensive coordinator Jay Bohner and defensive coordinator Craig LeBeau. These coaches have many years of experience in football and are developing their players to be ready for varsity football next season.  

The JV recently played their game against Mountain View High and won 20-6. Tickets are sold at the door, and not many people show up for their games so seating should not be a problem. The team would appreciate more support at the game.  

Many of the players have an enjoyable time on JV. 

“The season is going pretty good so far, it’s been alright,’ said junior Bryan Christiansen. Christiansen plays guard on the team. 

“I think that we have had some tough games but all and all they are not so bad,” said junior Alexis Gonzales, who plays also guard. 

The JV team might not get the glory and recognition of the varsity team, but they still have been a great support for all levels of the Eagle High football team.  

View Comments (1)