Welcome to ‘Hazbin’: This New Prime Show Has Been Years in the Making

%E2%80%9CHazbin+Hotel%E2%80%9D+fans+can+buy+merch+like+this+shirt.+The+proceeds+of+these+shirts+go+to+YouTube+creator%2C+Moreno%2C+and+her+animation+team.+
Azzy Bennett
“Hazbin Hotel” fans can buy merch like this shirt. The proceeds of these shirts go to YouTube creator, Moreno, and her animation team.

When making anything, whether it be cookies or an animated series, it takes time, effort and patience. Vivenne Moreno, a YouTuber with over eight million subscribers, has just released a show on Amazon Prime that was six years in the making.

The series revolves around Charlie Morningstar, the princess of Hell wanting to rehabilitate unruly souls. Charlie is joined in her endeavors with her girlfriend Vaggie, the charismatic and salty Angel Dust and the powerful overlord Alastor, among others. Besides starting a hotel meant to rehabilitate souls, Charlie is trying to get Heaven on board with the idea of this hotel.

This interesting show has already gotten greenlit for two seasons, with more well on the way if it succeeds. The series originally got its start back in 2019, with a 40-minute pilot. Since then, there was more trailers created for the release of that show, but also Moreno worked on another series fully on YouTube for everyone to enjoy, called ‘Helluva Boss’. ‘Hazbin’ itself got picked up back in 2020 by A24, an indie animation studio but didn’t get turned into a full series until late 2023.

Viewers shouldn’t expect Charlie’s fight to be easy. Moreno has shown most characters in Hell to be morally grey, or even good in a corrupt way. The lines between good and evil in this show are blurry to say the least. But because of that some students are e excited for the release of this show, and rated it on a scale of one to 10.

“Nine, I’m really excited to see it,” said sophomore Lynn Ortega. When asked the same question another student commented “Seven or eight, somewhere in there,” junior Steve Vandagriff said. They both watched Moreno’s other projects, and already have favorite characters, with Vandagriff saying Vaggie and Ortega saying Alastor. This spectacular show is available on Amazon Prime right now for students to watch outside of class time. It’s amazing musical numbers and animation should entice all that watch it.

Don’t forget that this is made for young adults, and the show contains adult themes. Make sure and be ready to see some weird and disturbing things.