The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Exciting Homecoming Events are Happening around Eagle High

Homecoming+is+about+to+%E2%80%9CGlow%E2%80%9D+Down+on+Sept.+30+this+year.+Students+prepare+to+dress+in+neon+in+coordination+with+the+theme.+
Annie Ward
Homecoming is about to “Glow” Down on Sept. 30 this year. Students prepare to dress in neon in coordination with the theme.

“My favorite Homecoming event is the football game,” said junior Marley Chinapen. The Homecoming football game, dance, spirit week and parade are all events many students at Eagle High get excited about. The Homecoming dance is on Sept. 30 this year, and the football game is on Sept. 29. Spirit week will be Sept. 25-29. 

The Homecoming parade will happen at the football game during halftime as it usually does. The Student Council will be in charge of Homecoming royalty and the parade this year. Eagle High’s cheer team is planning the Homecoming dance.   

Eagle High’s football game will be against Boise High. The game is a home game and starts at 7:00 pm. The theme is white out and will have a chalk throw. Students may purchase chalk bags from the Mustang Merch store to throw at halftime during the game.   

“My favorite part of the homecoming dance is how everyone goes all out and sings in the mosh pits,” said senior Keira Adrian. The dance’s theme is “Glow Down.” Dress attire will be neon-themed, as will the decorations. The dance will take place outside of the Eagle High Thunder stadium at 7:00 pm. 

Homecoming spirit days are as follows. Mondays dress up day will be grade colors. Freshman will wear gray, sophomores will wear white, juniors black and seniors green. Tuesday is Biker vs. Surfer. Wednesday is cowgirl vs cowboy. Thursday will be Adam Sandler day and Friday is camo theme. Homecoming royalty is chosen through a Microsoft Forms link. Teachers will submit names for royalty nominations and then another Forms link will be used for students to vote to finalize royalty.   

Many Eagle High students are excited about these events and enjoy the many activities that happen. Whether it’s the class competition, football game, dance or spirit days, many students have something they look forward to.  More information will be announced as Homecoming gets closer.