The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ Fans Disagree over #TeamConrad or #TeamJeremiah

Audrey Splaine
“The Summer I Turned Pretty” started out as a book series and was later made into an Amazon TV series. The series is popular amongst many Eagle High students.

This summer, the new season of the Prime series “The Summer I Turned Pretty” left fans more divided between #TeamConrad and #TeamJeremiah than ever before. The show features teenage Isabelle (Belly) Conklin and her summer at Cousins Beach, where she finds herself in a love triangle between two brothers.  

“The Summer I Turned Pretty” was a hit with many teen audiences—and not necessarily for substance. Many fans rather enjoyed the show for the high drama plot and the Taylor Swift soundtrack.  

“It’s obviously not realistic and very cheesy,” said junior Elizabeth Baruch, “but it’s a good watch.”  

Much of the popularity of the show came from debates across social media platforms like Instagram or Tiktok surrounding which brother was the best fit for Belly. Even at Eagle High, fans are split between perspectives. 

Jeremiah Fisher is the younger of the two brothers and has been a good friend to Belly for the majority of her childhood. #TeamJeremiah fans argue that Conrad Fisher is less trustworthy to Belly and does not provide stability in a relationship. 

“You don’t know what to expect from [Conrad],” Baruch said. “He’s not linear in his decisions.” Baruch pointed out that Jeremiah is way “more committed” in the relationship and much more boyfriend material.  

However, fans of #TeamConrad argue that Conrad and Belly are meant to be and that they complement each other in their personalities.  

“If you really love someone, you’d love them when they’re having a really bad moment,” said senior Ellektra Klein. “Belly loved Conrad through his bad moments. And that’s real love—realizing when someone is special enough to take them for their good and their bad.”  

While Klein acknowledges that Jeremiah was a good friend to Belly, she describes him as a “golden retriever”. She believes that while Conrad and Belly are endgame, Jeremiah and Belly are more puppy love.  

Whether fans are Team Conrad or Team Jeremiah, viewers can agree that “The Summer I Turned Pretty” was a bingeworthy summer series.  

“It’s a good comfort show, like ‘Gilmore Girls’,” said junior Audrey Warnick.