The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Horror Movies Abound as Fall Approaches

Quintin Bruce
“Five Nights at Freddy’s,” a popular video game turned horror movie, arrives in theaters on Oct. 27.

Most everyone loves movie genres like horror, true crime and documentaries. These genres also seem to be gaining traction with younger audiences, like teenagers. With so many new blockbusters and the newer Luxe Theater in Eagle, there are no reasons not to see these types of movies. With summer effectively dead in the minds of students at Eagle High and with fall rapidly approaching, it seems like horror movie season has officially started.  

Horror movie enthusiasts and movie goers alike are very excited. With “Saw X,” “Boogeyman by Stephen King,” “Don’t Look Away” and “The Creator,” there is a lot to look forward to in the coming months.  

One of the bigger movies that people are excited to see is the “Five Nights At Freddy’s” movie, which was supposed to come out in 2017. The movie was constantly pushed back until being picked up by the independent horror film studio Blumhouse last year. This studio is known for a lot of horror and psychological thriller movies like “Get Out,” “M3GAN,” “Us” and “The Invisible Man.”  

With Matthew Lillard playing the titular antagonist, William Afton, and Kevin Foster playing the main animatronic Freddy Fazbear, it seems like everyone has a lot to look forward to in this movie. 

According to latimes.com, “Popular video game YouTuber CoryxKenshin is a part of the “Five Nights at Freddy’s” universe.” This has sparked even more excitement for many to see this film. The cast is top-notch, and if the trailer is any indication, viewers have a lot to hope for going into the spooky season.  

The movie is based on the game franchise created by Scott Cawthon. Murderous animatronics with the souls of five dead kids at a pizza place come to life, and the night guard has to survive five nights with these bloodthirsty robots, their murder fueled by the rage of their pre-mature deaths while the murderer runs free, for now.  

According to hollywoodreporter.com, “Emma Tammi, who made her feature debut with the 2018 horror western “The Wind,” is set to direct the horror-thriller.” 

Fans have yet to tell how good the “Five Nights At Freddys” movie will be, as it releases Oct. 27. But with the A-list cast, amazing premise and a budget of supposedly 36 million, gamers and horror fans alike have a lot to look forward to when this highly anticipated movie comes out.