The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

New movie ‘Oppenheimer’ Is A Masterpiece Of Cinema

“Oppenheimer” marks its spot in cinema history
Branson Faulk
Over the past two months, “Oppenheimer” has made over $900 million in the global box office.

The “Oppenheimer” release was potentially one of the most hyped-up movie releases of all time. Coming out the exact same day as the Barbie movie came out, it started the movie craze “Barbenheimer” which blew up the internet overnight making the release for both movies extremely popular.   

“Oppenheimer” is about J. Robert Oppenheimer and how he played a crucial role in the creation of the atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II. It also portrays his eternal dread about creating the deadliest weapon to ever be created. The movie has both the dark and bright spots, as well as the personal life of Oppenheimer himself.  

Many people find the film a cinematic beauty, with a rotten tomato score of 93% and a fan score of 91%. Some feel that the film’s director, Christopher Nolan, is one of the best directors of all time. 

“I loved ‘Oppenheimer,’ it’s way better than ‘Barbie,” said sophomore Wyatt Hair “I rate it like a 7 out of 10 for real.” 

More websites have named “Oppenheimer” one of the top movies of the year, according to criticwise.com, “Oppenheimer’ is a brilliant historical biography, based on the life of a remarkable scientist and the events that shaped his legacy.” 

“Oppenheimer” has also had some not-so-great reviews, however. According to boomuk.net, “It’s film that deserves a sense of subtlety, but sadly is anything but. And as far as event cinema goes, this is, bar a few set piece scenes, mostly uneventful.” 

“Oppenheimer” is one of the top films out right now and could go down in history as one of the best biography films to ever be made. It could also be  the final to cement Christopher Nolan as one of the best directors of all time.