New upcoming music festival in Redmond will not disappoint

Kara Skiles

Like the Boise Fairgrounds, the Deschutes County Fairgrounds host a variety of festivals and events every year.

Kara Skiles, Photographer

According to fairwellfestical.com, the high desert of central Oregon is the perfect place to get lost in an abundant access to world class recreation and adventure opportunities.  

Redmond, Oregon has held different music festivals in the past, but none have been like this. The FairWell Festival is the newest country music festival to appear only in central Oregon. This music festival is three days, July 21-July 23, with more than 36 performers on three different stages at the Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center.  

The music festival is going to feature music genres like rock, blues, folk, soul and country.  

On Friday, the performers are Turnpike Troubadours, Gary Clark Jr., Morgan Wade, the infamous Stringdusters, Charles Wesley Godwin, the brook and the bluff and Wyatt Flores. The Saturday performers are Zach Bryan, Sheryl Crow, Trampled by Turtles, Charley Crockett, Band of Horses, Lucius Rayland Baxter, Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway, Amigo the Devil and Stephen Wilson Jr. and Trousdale. The Sunday performers are Willie Nelson and Family, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Mt. Joy, Yola, Luke Grimes, Shane Smith and the Saints, Abraham Alexander, 49 Winchester, Bella White, Calder Allen, Y La Bamba, Drayton Farley, Abby Anderson, Haley Heynderickx and AJ Lee and Blue Summit and Caitlin Rose.  

There are still more performers being added to this incredible lineup with the newest being Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats.  

New music festivals in smaller rural areas give a chance for local business to sell their products. From specialty drinks to local central Oregon cuisine, it is expected that the food and beverages will not disappoint.  

“I have never heard of the festival before, but I think it would be really fun to go to with friends and family,” said an anonymous student.  

Tickets are being sold on any online ticket selling website such as ticketcenter.com and vividseats.com