Eagle High’s fall sports come to a close

With the fall sport season ending, Eagle High athletes end their season with great performance and memories

Kara Skiles

As football and many of the other fall sports come to a close, students look back on their fond memories from this season.

Audrey Splaine, Media

Many Eagle High students participated in fall sports this school year. With the fall sports coming to an end, students at Eagle High share some of their favorite moments throughout the season.  

Football is always a great way to get students to participate in school spirit. The season came to a close with the final scores of 0-35 at districts and 6-37 at state.  

“The best part of the season is when our team did well at the Mountain View game and I was able to get playing time,” said sophomore Roman Walker. Although this season didn’t end as expected, students and players had a good season overall. 

Although Eagle High’s dance team preforms throughout the school year, their dance season during football is wrapping up.  

“Bonding with the girls before football games and team dinners is a great way for us to come together and grow as a team,” said junior Josie Mower. State for the dance team will take place on Feb. 11, 2023, and the team will be attending nationals next year, as well.  

“Getting to know the new members and being able to show our spirit and skills at the games, and to hype up the team,” said senior Sicily Smith sharing her favorite highlights of the fall season. 

Girls’ rugby recently had their district competition winning 15-14 in overtime. The team competitions claimed the state title with a 7-5 win against Owyhee. Boys’ rugby recently started practice to prepare for their season. 

The boys’ golf season ended well for both districts and state, claiming first for both. The girls’ golf season ended with them finishing fourth.

“My highlight this season was my performance at State and getting closer with my teammate and new coaches,” said junior Avery Oviatt. Overall, the golf season was a great success for both the boys’ and girls’ season. 

Boys’ soccer won three out of the four games at districts making them state bound but they lost to both games against Boise High and Borah High putting an end to the season.  

“I had a lot of fun my senior year, and a nice way to go out making state,” said senior Jay Orchard.   

Girls’ soccer ended with the team taking fourth at districts and fifth against Highland High.  

“The highlight of my year is me and one of my teammates used to be center backs when we were kids, and then we were brought back together to play in the same position our senior year,” said senior Olivia Williams.  

“Running fast and looking good,” said junior Thomas Stevens about his cross-country season. In Cross Country, boys placed ninth and girls placed seventh at state. Although state didn’t end as planned, almost everyone on the team achieved a personal record at the Gabe Floyd meet, leaving the team feeling good at the end of the season.  

“Working hard, not only for the times, but working hard to see yours and the team’s improvement throughout the season,” said junior Annie Ward about her season in cross country as well. 

The Eagle High swim team recently went to state. The boys scored a total of 93 points, placing fourth overall, while girls placed seventh with a total of 63 points.  

“I am so proud of our team this season. It is a bittersweet moment at state knowing the seniors are done but it is also very exciting because you are ready to swim and do well one last time with the seniors,” said junior Brooke Collins. The swim team finished this season with a strong push.  

Volleyball fall season ended with the team placing fifth at state. For the first time in 13 years, Eagle High has placed first at districts.  

“Everything you’ve been working for this whole season, especially winning districts after 13 years, is a great feeling and showing the hard work paying off,” said sophomore Maija Howse. Volleyball put forth their last final push for the season which resulted in Eagle High sports history. 

All in all, athletes at Eagle High ended their fall season with a final shove, leaving with the students with great feelings and memories of this season.