Eagle High students make the nice list this holiday season

Liv Baker

One of the best places to celebrate the Christmas season is Donnelly, Idaho.

Liv Baker, Photographer

It’s the best time of the year, and Eagle High students are thrilled to get in the Christmas spirit. With the holidays approaching fast, students are thinking about the fun and magic that comes with the winter season.

“Christmas has always been my favorite season because I love how it brings people together and allows us to make family memories,” said senior Kate Mahoney. “My favorite tradition is having a Christmas girl’s night with my best friends. We all wear matching Christmas pajamas and watch our favorite Christmas movies by the tree,” said Mahoney. “It is extra special this year because it’s our last year in high school.”

Christmas movies are one of the best parts of the holiday season. Some of favorites include “The Holiday,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “Home Alone” and “The Grinch.”

This is such a special time of the year as it reunites families who are spread apart. Many students have siblings who live away at college, so Christmas break gives families time to spend with their loved ones. Families love to stay cozy at home, enjoy yummy treats and share laughs with each other. For many Eagle High seniors, such as Mahoney, this will be a very important holiday as this marks the end of their childhood Christmas memories.