Eagle Lightning Dance Team Kick off the Competition Season

Ellie Kay Photography
The Eagle Lightning Dance Team performs their routine in competition, with show stopping choreography and emotion filled execution. The girls know the more emotion that goes into a dance makes it all more exciting to watch for the audience and the judges.

The Eagle Lightning Dance Team stands as a cornerstone of Eagle High’s vibrant school spirit. It ignites energy on the sidelines during football and basketball games along with elevating the enthusiasm at pep rallies. Their most recent sideline performance was at the Battle of the Bolt at Owyhee High. 

This season has witnessed a remarkable camaraderie among team members, evident in the synchronized precision during group rehearsals. They’ve been working hard to perfect the details that win their state titles and have already seen the payoff of their efforts in recent competitions and showcases. 

“Our practices have been really amping up,” said sophomore Chloe Janson. “But it’s really exciting to see everyone become more in-sync and connected.” 

Currently, the team is working on the fluidity of their competition dances, and the show-stopping details for their upcoming showcases and competitions against other schools in the district.  

An eagerly anticipated highlight of their showcases is the hip-hop section, a consistent crowd-pleaser at competitions. Their competitions occur on a weekly basis at different high schools in the valley, as well as their dances at Eagle High Basketball games. 

“I’m getting back into the dance from an injury,” said sophomore Lucy Martinez. “Yet it’s felt great to be getting back to competing in a fun season.” 

The Eagle Lightning Dance Team celebrates an end to a long day of competition. The girls have been working hard to perfect their routines and are feeling that end of the day high. (Chloe Janson)

All in all, the Eagle Lightning Dance Team commitment shines through their rigorous practice sessions and the strengthened bonds among teammates. As they gear up for both sideline and competition seasons, an aura of excitement and camaraderie permeates the crew, promising an unforgettable dance season ahead.