Rapper Rod Wave Releases New Album ‘Nostalgia’

Sophomore+Evan+Vittoe%2C+senior+Miguel+Taylor%2C+and+junior+Mason+Mitchell+have+been+listening+to+Rod+Wave%E2%80%99s+newest+album%2C+%E2%80%9CNostalgia%E2%80%9D+throughout+the+school+day.+Vittoe%2C+Mitchell+and+Taylor+have+been+Rod+Wave+fans+since+they+listened+to+%E2%80%9CGhetto+Gospel%E2%80%9D+in+2019.+
Dallin Snooks
Sophomore Evan Vittoe, senior Miguel Taylor, and junior Mason Mitchell have been listening to Rod Wave’s newest album, “Nostalgia” throughout the school day. Vittoe, Mitchell and Taylor have been Rod Wave fans since they listened to “Ghetto Gospel” in 2019.

Rod Wave’s newest album “Nostalgia” has gone viral. The album “Nostalgia” was a big streaming hit on Apple Music, generating 188 million clicks, according to Luminate, which tracks music data. The album was released and hit the floors on Sept. 15, and has had fans listening to it ever since. Many of the songs in the album are on the hot 100 billboard, which features the hottest songs at the moment. Rod Wave has personally described his newest album as, “therapy.”

“I believe this album will be the best drop of the year,” said senior Miguel Taylor.

Rod Wave’s music is known to be relaxing music with catchy, deep and meaningful lyrics. Some might even describe it as sad music. Here are examples of catchy, deep and meaningful lyrics from the album “Nostalgia.”

“Finally found a brighter day from being lost in the dark,” which is from the song Fight The Feeling.

“Uh, and I know what I’m goin’ through mean nothin’ to you,” which is from the song Love For A Thug.

“Smilin’ on the outside, inside dyin’,” which is from the song Boyz Don’t Cry.

“Life ain’t easy, but every day, it’s a blessing,” which is from the song Long Journey.

Even though Rod Wave is a rapper, and rap can have a reputation of being more of an intense genre of music, Rod Wave’s music is calming. Some rap music can be hard to listen to and concentrate on while doing things like schoolwork. With Rod Wave’s music being calming, one can listen to it in many different settings.

“I listen to Rod Wave every morning in my car, every night and when I shower,” Taylor said.

While all songs from the “Nostalgia” album are popular right now, there are some songs that are currently super popular. Many of his songs are being used as sounds in social media apps like TikTok and Instagram. Some of the most played Wave songs in the newest album are Call Your Friends, Long Journey, Crazy, Boyz Don’t Cry, Fight The Feeling and Great Gatsby. Many people would describe Rod Wave’s music as a mix of hip hop and rap.

“Listening to Rod Wave gives me positive vibes,” said junior Mason Mitchell.

Many would argue that the album “Nostalgia” stacks near or even to the top of Rod Waves albums. Fans will most likely be debating if “Nostalgia” will pass his previous albums like “Ghetto Gospel” or “Pray 4 Love” in popularity.

“I believe this album is just as good as every other album,” Taylor said.

Rod Wave’s music has been getting more popular around the music world. If anyone is ever looking for a new artist to listen to, take a chance on Rod Wave and listen to his new album. “Nostalgia” is an emotional journey that captivates listeners from start to finish.