It’s Finally Tennis Season at Eagle High

The+Eagle+High+tennis+team+huddles+together.+Everyone+on+the+team+is+united+and+celebrates+success.+
Jamie Hammond
The Eagle High tennis team huddles together. Everyone on the team is united and celebrates success.

Eagle High tennis athletes are filled with high expectations as they get ready to show off their skills on the court. They are also looking forward to a new season full of competition and fun as the days get longer and the weather gets warmer.  

“My favorite part about tennis is that it can be an individual sport or a team one, and this year, I’m looking forward to the games and getting to know the kids on the team better,” said sophomore and member of the junior varsity team, Megan Baird.  

During the season, the junior varsity team gets to play doubles with different partners or play singles. The varsity team students get quite a bit of choice in what they play, but ultimately the coach decides and puts them where they will be the most successful.   

I love the dynamics of the team during practices and matches. We all bring so much energy as a team and match each other very well,” said junior and member of the varsity team Ashley Lindley. “The matches are an environment of encouragement and positivity, and it makes me so happy to be able to see my teammates every day.” 

On the varsity team, students love how they are comfortable with each other, bring each other up and encourage each other. It’s also fun for them because most of the people that are on the team knew each other before the season started, so almost all of them are great friends already.  

“My favorite part about playing on the varsity team is the chance to play with people who love the sport as much as I do. I also love playing with kids who work as hard as me,” Lindley said. “I love that they care about me and let our friendships on the court carry off the court as well.” 

On the junior varsity team, the communication and fun environment is seen as well. 

“My favorite part is the people. It’s so fun to mess around with everyone else in the team,” said sophomore and member of the junior varsity team Isabelle Bodily. 

Each match holds new challenges and opportunities, but it’s the bond forged through countless hours of practice and dedication that they treasure.  

“I am looking forward to being able to place well throughout the season and win hopefully as many matches as I can, but also to watch from the sides as my teammates succeed,” Lindley said. “I know we will all be there for each other to cheer everyone on, and that’s how I know as a team we will make it far.” 

Both teams look forward to making more happy memories and giving their all on the court. They are excited to fully engage in the sport they love, enjoying every moment of play while dedicating themselves to ongoing improvement with each practice. The schedule and details for tennis matches are available on their official Instagram page @eaglemustangtennis.