Eagle High Baseball and Softball Hit Off the Season

Ismithphoto
Sophomores Carter Ditlove, Caleb Zawadski and Dallin Snooks are all excited to be on varsity this year. Media day was a fun experience for future promotion of the team.

The spring sports season is rapidly approaching which means the start of baseball and softball. Eagle High houses three baseball teams, varsity, junior varsity and a frosh club team. While the Eagle High softball team houses two teams, varsity and junior varsity. 

The varsity baseball team has 18 players this year, including seniors, juniors and sophomores. There are 18 players for junior varsity and 19 players for the frosh club team. 

Currently on the schedule, there are 18 games set, and the first six are non-conference following the next 12 conference games. 

For Eagle High’s softball team there are 13 people on varsity and 15 on junior varsity. The game schedule is virtually the same as baseball, but the softball team will play in different locations than baseball. 

The schedule is subject to change and all updates can be found on their Instagram pages, @eaglehsbaseball and @eaglehighsoftball, as well as locations and times of games. 

“I’m really excited for the season to start,” said sophomore Ellie Mcmanigal. “I think that we have a great year ahead after our success at Districts last year.” 

A good coach can make or break the season, and Eagle High is starting fresh with all new coaches, including a new varsity head coach Scott Deck, and new coaches for the junior varsity and frosh club teams. 

The coaches for the Eagle High softball team remain the same as last year, and the players are happy about that, as the coaches were one of the reasons they were so successful last year. 

Many of the athletes have been working hard on and off the clock to get a move on the season with participating in Off the Field. The Off the Field program is one that many athletes in the area use to get ahead for the season. It includes workouts and drills to practice even off the clock. 

“I think doing Off the Field really helped me prepare for the season,” said sophomore Kristian Fusco. 

For the first game of the season Varsity took the win 14-2 against Bishop Kelly High, starting the season off on a high. The team is feeling good going into the next game at Rocky Mountain High. 

Many athletes have been working around the clock even on their off days, including going to physical therapy and mentally preparing for the season. Whether it’s been working on healing injuries or over coming mental blocks the Eagle High athletes have been on top of it. 

Eagle High’s favorite spring sports teams are ready for a great season, full of spirited rivalry and hard work.