The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Students Navigate High School Romance from Classmates to Prom Dates

Junior Delaney Mott and senior Russel Gibson love spending time together and play a big role in each other’s lives. (Courtesy of Russel GIbson)

In the month of February, love is all around especially on Feb. 14. The relationships among the students are an important part of the high school experience.   

Students took a poll, voting on the cutest couples at Eagle High. Those couples are seniors Russ Gibson and Delaney Mott, juniors Brock Yadon and Ryle Shoemaker and sophomores Jacob Anderson and Ava Bulson.

Gibson and Mott have been dating since Dec. 9, 2022, and have been together ever since. Gibson is a starter on the varsity basketball team and Mott is a junior who is getting all her credits to graduate early.  

“Our go to date is the restaurant Wilder in downtown Boise,” Gibson said. Although they do many

Junior Rylie Shoemaker and sophomore Brock Yadon are one of Eagle High’s favorite couples. They love matching and taking pictures together. (Courtesy of Brock Yadon)

other dates, this is their favorite place to go to on any given day just to have a good time and eat yummy food. 

“We are planning on going to college in Utah together. We will not be attending the same college, just in the same state,” Mott said. Gibson and Mott would like to be able to keep their relationship going after high school and by attending college in the same state could allow for this to work. 

Yadon and Shoemaker have been dating since April of 2023. Brock loves to play basketball and Shoemaker enjoys swimming. Although both activities keep them busy, they still love to hang out with each other.  

“Our favorite date is to go downtown in the summer together and explore new places,” Yadon said. “We love going on trips, especially when we went to Florida together.”

As juniors they don’t have any plans for after high school yet, but the important thing is they want to stay together. 

Sophomores Jacob Anderson and Ava Bulson have been dating for two years and are still one of the best sophomore couples at Eagle High. (Courtesy of Ava Bulson)

Anderson and Bulson have been dating since Nov. 5, 2021, after meeting in the summer of 2021. They love hanging out with one another and making new memories. Their favorite place to eat out together is a sushi place downtown called Yoi Tomo, but a close second is Flatbread.  

“We love to hang out and watch rom com movies and start new series together. We also love going on trips together and swimming,” Bulson said. This couple has been together just over two years and love enjoy each other’s company.  

All these amazing memories with friends, boyfriends and girlfriends are so important in shaping who students grow up to be.