The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Sweetheart’s Dance is a Lot of Fun for Eagle High Students

Lauren Gothberg
Sweethearts is a district wide dance that many high schools attend known for the “girls ask guys” format.

Sweethearts is a dance where the girls are in charge of planning and organizing what the day will look like while the boys get to simply relax. Many students get the chance to break the ice with a date and create priceless memories on this exciting day packed with pictures, entertaining activities and letting the girl make all arrangements.  

“We had so much fun. I drove together with the people in my group and went to a park, took pictures at a lavender farm and went to the dance,” said senior Sierra McCauley. “I loved it.” 

The dance took place at the High Desert Station on Feb. 10, and it was for all schools. Although many were excited to go the dance, going somewhere before was also memorable for some students. 

“The highlight of sweethearts was our day date because we went to a trampoline park and had an absolute blast dominating the trampolines against an army of little kids,” said senior Shay Sorenson. “After the dance, my group had an after party and we played paranoia which was a vibe.” 

A major part of the dance is getting ready and having dinner with the group. Some think that this is a great opportunity for boys to learn why girls find going on dates to be so enjoyable.  

“We went to top golf for the day date and had a lot of fun, and getting to hang out with all my friends was my favorite part,” said sophomore Lucy Hansen. “Dinner was also fun getting to hangout more one on one with my date.”  

The dance was followed by a bonfire as well. The bonfire was held at the same location, outside the venue, and attendance required a ticket purchased for the dance. Overall, being around friends and getting to know other people was how most Eagle High students spent the day.