OG Fortnite is Back

OG Fortnite is back and better than ever. OG Fortnite made its return on Nov. 3, and more people are playing now than ever before.  

According to Fortnite news, 3.5 million players logged back into their accounts and played concurrently on Nov. 3rd after OG Fortnite was released. 

Senior Davis Harsin, senior Makeo Sneddon and junior Anthony Toomey play Fortnite often and achieve Victory Royales. They miss OG Fortnite and are happy that OG Fortnite made a comeback, even though it was temporary. (Dallin Snooks)

The release of OG Fortnite brought back all original map locations including Tilted Towers, Risky Reels and Greasy Grove. Epic Games, the owners of Fortnite, also unvaulted items like shopping carts and boogie bombs. Many of people’s favorite guns were also released back into the game including the pump shotgun and the hunting rifle.  

“The hunting rifle is back and better than ever, hitting shots with it is so satisfying and it is really what brought me back into the game,” said sophomore Easton Gothberg. 

Epic Games really benefited from the release of OG Fortnite with more concurrent players than ever, with the returning players and the multitude of in-game purchases including skins and other player accessories.   

According to Epic Game’s, Epic Games revenue is six billion dollars in 2023 alone. 

OG Fortnite has also brought back good memories and moments for its returning players. “Getting back with the original squad brings back a lot of memories. It is nostalgic,” said sophomore Anthony Devitto. 

OG Fortnite’s return has brought a great deal back, not only to the owners at Epic Games, but the gaming community as well.