Here are some Great Books to Read while Cuddled up Under a Warm Blanket with Peppermint Hot Cocoa

With the holiday season being as hectic as ever, why does picking a good book need to be so complicated? It doesn’t. Here are some excellent winter books to read if one can’t choose. Whether one’s choice of reading is a cute holiday romance or a dystopian teen fantasy, a little bit of everything is below. 

As the air chills, enjoy one of the books of the Month “Throne of Glass” by Sarah J. Maas. A mystery of witches and Kings will live up the winter months. (Joise Yates)

With the colder months, a good fantasy with dragons and magic can help warm up any chilly day. “Throne of Glass,” by Sarah J. Maas, is a book that brings everything to the table. With fae, witches, magic and wyverns, the series will liven up the winter months. 

In a world rid of magic ruled by a ruthless king, an assassin must fight her way to freedom in his gruesome trials. Will the evil lurking in the walls kill her first or one of her twenty-six competitors? Will the crown prince be enough to protect her? Will the Captain of the Guard figure out the truth?  

For a book that brings the aesthetic of Dark Academia to life, “A Study in Drowning”, by Ava Reid illustrates it perfectly. When a girl, Effy Sayre, is a firm believer in fairytales, and when she starts experiencing visions of a fairy king, she has no choice but to investigate. She opens an old book, “Angharad”, by Emrys Myrddin. 

“A Study in Drowning” by Ava Reid is perfect to read on a snowy, dark night. This is a perfect book for winter reading. (Karlee Patterson)

The Myrddin family hosts a contest for someone to redesign the late author’s estate. Effy feels utterly drawn, and when she gets to the musty estate, she realizes it is entirely impossible. 

It doesn’t help that the people are utterly unwelcoming, which includes the rude Preston Héloury. He is a young literary student determined to figure out how Myrddin is a fraud. With the two rivals being forced to work together, they uncover secrets and magical forces working against them.  

On a chilly night, “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard is a great thrill. It is enjoyable to read on any cold gloomy day or night. (Joise Yates)

In a world of secrets, lies and betrayal, Victoria Aveyard has created the story “Red Queen.” In this world, people are divided into Red Bloods and Silver Bloods, magical and not. The Silver Bloods rule the country with magic, while the Red Bloods sit at the bottom. 

When Mare Barrow, a Red Blood, gets thrown into the Silver Palace, she discovers a deadly power. Mare, even though he has Red Blood, possesses power. And that scares the Silvers most of all. 

With the Red Guard on the rise, a silver resistance group, Mare must find her place. While she balances her own feelings for the princes, she needs to pick a side, pitting her mind against her heart 

A true snowy romance, “I Loved You in Another Life” by David Arnold is lovely to read in winter. With fresh snowfall and the sun shining bright, this book would be a great addition to any reading list this Christmas. (Karlee Patterson)

With the final book being a true snowy romance, I Loved You in Another Life, by David Arnold shows the impacts of soulmates. Love can follow one through centuries. Evan Taft wants to go to Alaska, but before he can leave, his mom gets an unexpected diagnosis. Shosh Bell has dreams of becoming an actress, though, when her sister dies. 

According to Goodreads.com, “Over it all, transcending time and space, a celestial bird brings strangers together: from an escaped murderer in 19th century Paris to a Norwegian kosmonaut in low-earth orbit, something is happening that began long ago and will long outlast Evan and Shosh.”  

With all of these books, one can find a beautiful piece of winter. Cuddling up in front of a warm fire with one of these great books will definitely be an amazing way to spend the holidays ahead.