Eagle High Students Share Their Favorite Fall Fashion Trends

Style is extremely important to several students at Eagle High. This fall, many different styles line the hallways, ranging from chunky platform sneakers to cargo pants to DIY-ed off the shoulder tops.

In the ‘90s, big hair and scrunchies were all the rage, and in the ‘70s, bell-bottoms and retro floral prints were “it”. In 2023, there is not one specific style that dominates the culture. There are trends that come and go, but individualistic style is very widely accepted.

“I feel like I follow the trends, but then I add a little something of my own,” said senior Kerrie Dildine. Dildine’s favorite recent clothing trends are light-colored baggy jeans with oversized T-shirts. True to her word, Dildine adds a little flare to her trendy outfit with her floral Doc Marten Mary Jane shoes. Dildine believes that she is the only one at Eagle High with the shoes.

In the fall, students prioritize coziness and comfort. Flannels are a very popular clothing item at Eagle High. Not only do they keep students warm in the ever-lowering temperatures, but they can be layered with a cute top and pair of jeans.

“I like Ugg boots with baggy jeans and sweaters with leggings,” said sophomore Samantha Watson. Like her peers, she enjoys the coziness of these fall trends.

Another popular trend this year is earth tones. It seems like more clothes are available in beiges, tans and forest greens than ever before. On the contrary, bright colors like bubblegum pink and neon oranges are also “in”—so long as they are paired with the right outfit, such as complimentary shades of neon or neutrals like white or black.

Popular places to shop for these trends include Urban Outfitters, American Eagle and even Target. It’s also common for students to thrift for a budget-friendly alternative with exciting, and possibly vintage, finds.

While it is important for students to feel like they “fit in” with the trends at school, it is equally important for students to stand out.

“I kind of make up my own outfits,” Watson said. “But then I look at other people’s ideas and merge them together.” Like Dildine, Watson adds her own twist on inspiration gained from other people—whether that be online or in person.