The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Is it Better to Live with Cats or Dogs?

A+golden+doodle+named+Tobby+sits+in+a+green+grass+field+at+the+Eagle%2C+Idaho+dog+park+tired+after+playing+fetch.++Some+people+feel+that+dogs+are+better+than+cats%2C+while+others+believe+that+cats+are+best.+
Branson Faulk
A golden doodle named Tobby sits in a green grass field at the Eagle, Idaho dog park tired after playing fetch. Some people feel that dogs are better than cats, while others believe that cats are best.

Dogs and cats are very popular animals on their own with different characteristics and behaviors. Something that sets them apart is that most of the time, cats don’t need as much attention compared to dogs who are more sociable.

“I like cats because they are a lot more independent and you don’t have to spend a lot of time caring for them,” said senior Bree Schwendiman. “They are a lot easier to manage and are a lot quieter, as well, but can still let you know if something’s wrong.”

Although many people decide to have cats because they like to live a quiet life, others who are dog lovers think differently.

“I like dogs so much because they are so happy. They love you no matter what and they actually want to be with you,” said senior Mikayla Herrera.

In many cases, these animals are defined by the character of their owners and therefore the decision to choose one of these two animals depends a lot on the personality of the people.

According to hillspet.com, “Cats and dogs aren’t the only ones with different temperament and personality traits. The majority of people who keep cats exclusively tend to be more introverted, less sociable, and more self-contained, whereas dog parents are more social, interactive, and open to new experiences.”

Both animals, dogs and cats, make their owners’ lives and the places where they live more pleasant; both contribute something positive to their homes, which is why many people own them and devote their lives to caring for them.