The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Eagle High Swim Team Dives into a New Season

The+Eagle+High+swim+team+frequently+practices+at+the+West+Boise+YMCA+and+Boise+Aquatic+Center.+
Branson Faulk
The Eagle High swim team frequently practices at the West Boise YMCA and Boise Aquatic Center.

It’s a new school year and the swim team is back in the pools. Starting off fresh, they are ready to take on the new season. This year, coach Aaron Tabor is teaching these wild Mustangs hoping to lead them to victory.  They have six amazing captains to help the coach carry the team and ultimately work towards wins.  

One captain is senior Halle Bigelow. She has been competing on the Eagle High team for the past three years now. Bigelow is looking forward to her final year ahead with new teammates and more competition. She loves to swim and loves the friends she has met because of it.  

She said she is looking forward to taking down their biggest rival, Boise High, and taking her team all the way to state. This will be an exciting match up that the swim team is looking forward to.  

This team has strong swimmers starting from the best seniors to the newest freshman. But from this they get a wide variety of levels and skills.   

“I do swim team to keep me in shape and stay active with my friends,” said freshman Will Cantwell. This is Cantwell’s first year as a Mustang swimmer, but he is willing to put in the work to help his team. He said he has felt very welcome by the upperclassman and the environment they have during practice, meets, or just around the school. 

The swim team practices for one hour every day at the YMCA. Throughout the season they will have around eight total meets which are all two to three hours long.  

Fans can follow the Eagle High swim team on Instagram to keep informed with upcoming meets. This will be an exciting year and hopefully one of their best. As the team dives back into the swing of things, they are pumped for what they can accomplish.