Choir Teacher Seth McMullen Helps Students Hit High Notes in the Classroom as well as Life

Music+teacher+Seth+McMullen+practices+for+his+Unified+Music+class+the+following+period.+The+class+has+a+very+unique+setlist+that+includes+songs+such+as+%E2%80%9CYou+are+my+Sunshine%E2%80%9D%2C+%E2%80%9CRattling+Bog%E2%80%9D+and+much+more.+
Branson Faulk
Music teacher Seth McMullen practices for his Unified Music class the following period. The class has a very unique setlist that includes songs such as “You are my Sunshine”, “Rattling Bog” and much more.

Teacher Seth McMullen is the choir teacher at Eagle High. Instructing a prestigious choir program comes with a very serious and long set of responsibilities and tasks. Ever since teacher Seth McMullen started his post here, Eagle High has heard many different melodies and musical dedication from the choir program. McMullen is now in his twenty-first year at Eagle High, making him a cornerstone in the Eagle High music program.

Over the twenty-one years, McMullen has conducted and taught every single choir class as well as briefly teaching Intro to Guitar and AP Music Theory. However, one of his most recent accomplishments was introducing the school and the district to Unified Music.  

“Mr. McMullen has always set a good example and brought a positive attitude and energy to the classroom. He always comes with positivity and a smile to choir and unified music,” said senior Shay Sorenson.  

Unified Music was based on the idea that every single person should be able to hear, listen, and partake in the joy of music. Unified Music brings together students with and without developmental disabilities in a very supportive and fun environment. Through the (self-proclaimed) Mr. Rogers-like guidance of Seth McMullen, this class and program has shown much promise and has gone exceedingly well.  

“I love Mr. McMullen, he really lets us do what we can to be creative in the classroom. Although there is always a fair amount of Mr. McMullen knowing what’s best like always. I have him as a teacher for Unified Music and Choir,” said senior Aaron Howell. 

When not seen in one of his many classes he teaches one can find McMullen still working tirelessly in out of school extracurriculars. Running a choir program takes a very large amount of time and dedication. Whether it is Sonous Tour, a jazz choir concert or more, one can always find McMullen helping and cultivating the musical spirit in every single student that he is able to. Sonous Tour is a tour where McMullen and the members of the Eagle High Sonous choir visit other schools and venues and perform.  

“McMullen helped me realize it’s ok not to be perfect, and to make fun a priority. Sounus tour made the whole year come together, and the whole choir started seeing the principles that Mcmullen taught us come to life through us and him,” said junior Lily Montaño.  

One thing is certain here at Eagle High, one will always find the Choir program going strong. That is due to McMullen always encouraging students to strive to be their very best self in and out of the classroom. Through the guidance of McMullen, students will truly learn to hit high notes in concert as well as high notes in life by being the best individual possible.