In-N-Out Has Officially Opened

In+N+Out+Has+finally+opened+in+Meridian%2C+Idaho.+Idahoans+can+now+enjoy+a+good+burger+in+the+Gem+State.+
Karlee Patterson
In N Out Has finally opened in Meridian, Idaho. Idahoans can now enjoy a good burger in the Gem State.

In-N-Out has officially opened on Dec. 14, 2023, At the Village in Meridian, Idaho. This marks the 400th store that the In-N-Out restaurant has opened. Idaho has been waiting a long time for In-N-Out to finally come to the state.

The excitement was real as fans of the iconic fast-food chain lined up for almost eight hours. They stood in line in the winter chill to make sure they were one of the first to get a good burger.

“Even though we were waiting in the drive-thru line for four hours, I thought the food was good,” said sophomore KayLynne Rice. “My favorite was the Neapolitan Shake.”

This grand opening marks a significant milestone as it’s the first time the West Coast chain has ventured into the Gem State. Idahoans, who previously had to travel out of state to satisfy their In-N-Out cravings, can now get their fix right at home in Meridian.

“I’m super excited for In-N-Out to finally be here,” said freshman Jeremiah Dutchover. “I’m glad I don’t have to go out of state for it.”

But it’s not just about the food. The arrival of In-N-Out is also a boost to the local economy, creating jobs and attracting tourists. Also, it’s a sign of Meridian’s growth as a city.

Since its opening, the lines have shortened from a four hour long wait to a 45-minute wait. However, this doesn’t mean that the fast-food service is dipping in popularity. In-N-Out has been a hit in Meridian, Idaho so far, and signs point to it continuing to be a success for the city.