The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

December News Briefs

Advanced Acting 

Auditions for the upcoming Spring play, “The Yellow Boat,” was held in acting teacher and director Tracy Harrison’s room, E101, on Dec. 12. The Advanced Acting class participated in the District Drama Tournament at Kuna High School over Thanksgiving Break. The few students who made it through traveled to Century High School in Pocatello for the State Drama Tournament. The Eagle High students who traveled were as follows: 

Senior Bradley Fischer, junior Jackson Shelton and junior Marin Weaver participated in their ensemble humorous piece “Philadelphia” by David Ives. Junior Lauren Avery and junior Cole McAdams participated with their ensemble humorous piece “Sure Thing” by David Ives. Junior Mack Harvey, sophomore Taylor Milliot and sophomore Cienna Spence participated with their ensemble serious piece “The Music Lesson” by Tammy Ryan. Senior Jenna Brooks, sophomore Ally Godfrey, junior Cole McAdams and junior Jacey Ulrich participated with their original humorous piece, “You’re The Dishwasher” written by themselves. Junior Addison Craig also participated with her original costume design for “Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.” 

Band 

The Thundering Mustang Band is working on and getting prepared for their Christmas concert that is on Dec. 21. 

Business Professionals of America 

The BPA club meets every Wednesday at lunchtime in teacher and advisor Joe Gossi’s room SE 201. The club members are finishing up their wreath fundraiser and starting to prepare to go to BPA Nationals that will take place on May 10 through May 14, 2024 in Chicago, Illinois. 

Chess Club 

Chess Club is hosting a tournament known as the Winter Freeze. This tournament will take place on Jan. 25 after school in teacher Stephen Pratt’s classroom, E107. Players will battle for the main prize to see who the winner will be. To get more information email Mr. Pratt. 

Debate Club 

The Debate members participated in a debate competition on Dec. 8 and Dec. 9. It was a debate only tournament, so participants compete in PF, LD and IPDA debate. 

Equality Club 

The Equality club is handing out custom equality club pins to the members. The leaders and advisors are planning out if they will be participating in a winter fundraiser for any local charities.  

Key Club 

Key Club has been volunteering at the Eagle Food Bank and raised money by selling Butter braids for the Eagle High families in need. The members also babysat the teacher’s children. They are painting ornaments to donate to Spring Creek Assisted Living Center and Eagle High. 

Spanish Club 

The Spanish Club members received their official club t-shirts with their original design on them.