Mustang Merch: Student Owned Shop is Open for Business at Eagle High

Mustang+Merch+at+Eagle+High+is+open+for+business%21+Students+may+stop+by+the+store+during+operating+hours+to+buy+T-shirts%2C+energy+drinks+or+other+items+currently+in+stock+at+the+shop.+%0A+
Annie Ward
Mustang Merch at Eagle High is open for business! Students may stop by the store during operating hours to buy T-shirts, energy drinks or other items currently in stock at the shop.

Mustang Merch is the perfect shop for students that don’t want to leave campus for clothes and energy. Run by teacher Joe Gossi and Eagle High students, Mustang Merch sells both school spirit apparel and energy drinks. 

Mustang Merch has both an online store and in-person store. The online store can be found at eagle-high-mustang-merch.square.site and is open 24/7. The online store features products such as stang gang and Mustang themed T-shirts. Stang gang is a student run sport support group. 

The apparel can be used to show school spirit and support during school sports and/or events. Often, Mustang Merch will sell items specific to events going on at Eagle High such as t-shirts for sports playoffs and seasonal items such as wreaths for the Christmas holiday. 

Mustang Merch’s in-person store can be found in the upper gym foyer, next to the library and upstairs basketball courts. The shop is open before school and during advisory and lunch. It features the drinks Monster Energy and Reign Energy for $3, and the custom-made energy drink Zap (Red Bull with a choice of flavorings like raspberry, mango and watermelon) for $5. On Fridays, Zap Energy drinks are on sale for $4. 

“I went to my local gas station, and the Reign cost me $3.17. Here [Mustang Merch], it only cost me $3 with no tax.” said junior Ja’Davian Rhoden. Not only is Mustang Merch closer in proximity than any gas station relative to Eagle High, but they also sell their energy drinks for a cheaper price. 

To become a member of Mustang Merch, known as Principles of Business Management in the course catalog, two years of prerequisite courses must be taken. More information on the classes required can be found in the Eagle High course descriptions book. Becoming a member will give students an understanding of how to run a business and how to manage money. 

“Mustang Merch has given me advice on how I could improve if I want to pursue business financially and all that stuff,” said junior Jack Swandstrom. 

Mustang Merch is the place to go when one wants to show their spirit and pride for Eagle High, as well as to get an energy drink for the day. It can be a good experience for students who want to step into the business world, as Mustang Merch gives advice on how to work in a team, and with money.