The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

The National Honor Society creates a supportive community at Eagle High

Nation+Honors+Society+students+have+weekly+meetings+in+order+to+plan+charity+work+and+events.+These+students+are+involved+in+their+school+and+community+by+putting+on+fundraisers+and+working+at+the+Eagle+High+snack+shack+on+football+Fridays.+
Caden Greco
Nation Honors Society students have weekly meetings in order to plan charity work and events. These students are involved in their school and community by putting on fundraisers and working at the Eagle High snack shack on football Fridays.

The Eagle High National Honors Society has been benefiting the community with volunteer opportunities for their members. One of their primary responsibilities is volunteering in the community, particularly with the Boise Food Bank. 

“All members are required to do twenty school service hours each year, and we help with events like the Eagle High trunk or treat and run concessions for a lot of football and basketball games,” said senior Claudia Giannoble, one of the NHS officers. 

The club meets once a month and helps with collecting items for Eagle High students in need and they also provide many services that others do not know about such as helping people that really need it. 

“Something that maybe people don’t know about NHS is that we partner with Vivid Roots to do a Walk for Water at the end of the year,” Giannoble said. “All of the money raised at this event goes directly to building rain catchment systems in Guatemala and Ecuador.” 

Students’ performance in the first semester of their junior year and their grades will determine whether or not they are invited to join the club.  

“To get into  the club you have to have a certain GPA junior year in first semester to get an invitation. Then, from there you are invited to be let in.” Giannoble said. 

Advisor Hali Goodrich works to make sure that every student makes the most of their time in the club. Several club members believe that joining has increased their awareness of the community. 

“I have learned so many leadership skills and met so many amazing people,” said senior Addison Bonine, one of the NHS officers. “It is such a good feeling to give back to those around us.” 

The club is very inspiring for several students and even better when they are surrounded by people who are similarly positive. It has also encouraged them to look for opportunities to give back to the community and school.