Toronto Rapper Drake Celebrates His Birthday By Giving Out Free Sliders at Daves Hot Chicken

Drake+is+one+of+the+several+celebrities+that+have+invested+in+restaurants+around+the+world.+As+part+time+investor+of+Dave%E2%80%99s+Hot+Chicken%2C+the+restaurant+chain+hosted+a+promotional+event+from+11+a.m.+to+9+p.m.+where+every+guest+with+the+Dave%E2%80%99s+Hot+Chicken+app+could+get+a+free+slider+or+tender+on+the+house+to+commemorate+his+birthday+on+Oct.+24.+
Andrew Jacobs
Drake is one of the several celebrities that have invested in restaurants around the world. As part time investor of Dave’s Hot Chicken, the restaurant chain hosted a promotional event from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. where every guest with the Dave’s Hot Chicken app could get a free slider or tender on the house to commemorate his birthday on Oct. 24.

When it comes to big and important events, Drake’s birthday seems to be one of them. With his connections to numerous famous people, he hosts big parties with a large array of celebrities.

Drake’s birthday is on Oct. 24, while his actual party happened a day prior this year. Drake held a private event in Miami, Florida, with the help of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, who are famous for their roles in the Emmy Award winning show “Breaking Bad.” Other famous celebrities showed up to Drake’s party, including DJ Khaled, Quavo and David Beckham. According to photos and pictures posted throughout social media, most appeared to have a good time at Drake’s party.

Even though Drake has been around for a long time in the celebrity scene, many don’t really know why he’s accumulated the fan base and fame that he has. It all seems to have started with his breakthrough R&B album “Take Care,” which is an album that includes various hit songs like “Marvin’s Room,” “The Motto” and “Headlines.” One student shared his likeness for Drake’s music.

“I’m a very big fan of his music. He has a wide variety of flows, beats, and a very dynamic wave of lyricism that, hold on, that inspires many,” said junior Mason Lane. Lane considers himself a connoisseur of Drake’s discography, listening to all his albums. He wasn’t the only student to speak his mind on Drake’s music.

“I think he is an innovator and a perseverant person,” said junior Harrison Collins, “he can move nations with his voice. He will transcend generations and will live in history.” Collins is also a fan of Drake, being interested in his albums and how they are able to be different from one another in terms of genre and flow, from club music to hip hop, he is able to make hits in each genre.

Although Drake hosted a birthday party for himself, he wanted his fans to feel like they were included. He is a primary investor in the fast-food restaurant Dave’s Hot Chicken, and decided to give out free chicken sliders across the nation on his birthday. The Meridian Dave’s Hot Chicken restaurant got a lot of traffic on the day of Drake’s birthday, a number of people went to get their free slider.

“We had over 1,100 customers that day and gave out over 1000 free sliders. I can’t tell you the total sales number, but it was similar to that of our opening few weeks,” said manager Andy Jacobs, “it would rival In-n-Out or Chic-Fil-A on their busiest days.” To give perspective, the average number of customers that Dave’s Hot Chicken gets is around 500, which means that over twice the number of customers came in on Drake’s birthday. It seems that an abundant amount of fans are happy to be included on his birthday and students are satisfied with the free slider that was served on Oct. 24.

Drake’s birthday is regarded as a big event and there is a reason to his fame and money, making smart decisions with his promotions, along with making hits in the music industry that lands him a place in the rap game. According to billboard.com, Drake is #4 on the yearly top artists list. One wonders what will happen when his next birthday rolls around.