The book of the month is ‘A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’

Karlee Patterson
Sophomore Madison Bodine reads the book of the month. She enjoys reading it just as much as she did as a kid.

The November Book of the Month is “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.” This is a popular children’s fall favorite book. Elementary schools around Eagle will read this book before they watch the movie around Thanksgiving. 

“I remember reading this book in elementary school for Thanksgiving. It was always one of my favorites,” said sophomore Madison Bodine. This book has been a childhood favorites for many years.  

“A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” was published in 1973, shortly after the movie aired for the first time. The Peanuts Comic book and movie has been a favorite for a very long time.  

The book was written by Charles Shulz. It is about a young girl, Peppermint Patty, who invites herself and her friends over to Charlie Brown’s home for Thanksgiving Dinner.  

Characters such as Snoopy, Linus and Woodstock, attempt to make a Thanksgiving dinner for all of Charlie Brown’s friends. What they ended up making turned out horrible, because they didn’t know how to make food properly. So, instead their dinner consisted of pretzels, toast, popcorn and jellybeans. They all enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner.  

“Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is a cute book that I always used to read during the holidays,” said sophomore Brooke Bondi.  

This book tells children the true meaning of Thanksgiving. It shows that being with people for Thanksgiving can mean a lot, by showing everyone love and kindness.