The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Gamers New Favorite Thriller ‘Five Night’s At Freddy’s’

Izzy Rios
The newest “Five Nights At Freddy’s” movie has long time fans of the video game on the edge of their seats. This film is full of scares and continues to carry on the legacy of the popular video game.

Halloween may be over, but the horror movies are far from done. One big movie that people were excited about was the ‘Five Nights at Freddy’s’ movie, which had a dual release on the streaming platform Peacock and in theaters Oct. 27 this year

After watching the PG-13 horror movie, it’s safe to say, this movie was amazing. Matthew Lillard did a stunning job of acting as the calloused, and mad man, William Afton. Josh Hutcherson did a superb job as Mike Shmidt. The animatronics were played by Kevin Foster, Jade Kinder-Martin, Jessica Weiss and Roger Joseph Manning Jr. and they all played their roles of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy very well.

While not all of the movie adheres to game or book lore originally made by Scott Cawthon, it is a great movie overall. Vanessa, played by Elizibeth Lail, is labeled as the daughter of William Afton, which is not present in the games. This was a great twist but nonetheless, a tremendous scary movie to see as November starts.

But there was something that got all fans on the edge of their seat. Matthew Patrick, often under the nickname MatPat, and Cory Williams, under the username CoryXKenshin, both made an appearance in this movie. They are both big on YouTube, with them both boasting a subscriber count of around 18 million. They also both are big fans of the Five Nights franchise, with MatPat and his channel Game Theory diving deep into the lore and Cory and his gaming and reaction channel playing through most of, if not all the games. Students at Eagle High also liked it.

“As a horror movie it was like a four or five out of ten,” said sophomore Quintin Bruce. “As a FNAF movie it was an eight out of ten.”

Bruce watched it with some of his friends on Peacock on Friday, Oct. 27 when the movie was released. This is one of the first big movies to be dual released, apart from the aptly named movie Dual, directed by Steven Spielberg in 1971.

Overall, this movie may not have been the perfect description of a horror movie, but it is most definitely scary and a great watch, clocking in at only one hour and fifty minutes of watch time.