The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

Some of the Best Movies of 2023 Have Blown Fans Away

These movies of the year have left fans wanting more
Kate Vorobieff
The movie “Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume Three” was released and has been exceedingly popular as a continuation of the series.

One of the most popular movies of 2023 was “Spiderman Across the Spiderverse.” This movie contained lots of action and did a great job keeping audiences engaged. It also had some of the best animation of all time. The movie follows young Miles Morales while he tried to figure out how to balance his personal life with his life as Spiderman. It was originally called “Spiderman Across the Spiderverse Part One.” This becomes evident when seeing the ending of the movie which is a cliffhanger. Many fans are excited about the next movie which is set to come out in 2024.

Another great movie of this year so far was “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.” This movie was the last movie in the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy. To most critics, it was an absolute masterpiece. It was the perfect way to wrap up the trilogy. This movie had all the characters that the fans know and love. It continued from what had happened since the last movie and has amazing character progression. It is able to be serious when it needed to be but was also able to keep the humor that “Guardians of the Galaxy fans know and love.”

The movie “Spider Man: Across the Spider Verse”, was one of the top movies of the year for its entertaining plot and lovable characters. (Kate Vorobieff)

“The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ movie was one of the best movies of the year,” said junior Nathanial Dutchover.

A third great movie of 2023 is Creed III. This movie was another trilogy wrap-up. In this movie, viewers get a look into the early life of Adonnis Creed. The audience learns more about the beloved character and how his past creates problems that run even deeper than anyone could imagine. This was another movie that did an amazing job at wrapping up the trilogy.

“’Creed III’ was an amazing movie that had a great plot,” said junior Drew Demarini.

All these movies have been good for different reasons. Many fans are awaiting the next movies to follow these to see if they can take one of the spots for top movies of 2023.