February News Briefs

Academic Decathlon 

In Academic Decathlon, they are reviewing the results from the regional competition and prepping for State in March. If interested in joining the team next year, Coach Heather Pinder or Co-Captains Lizzy Martin and Claire DeSilvia can answer any questions. 

Band 

Band is preparing for their festival on March 11. They are playing three pieces called “Arabian Dances,” “The Grace in Being” and “Entry of the Gladiators.” 

Choir  

On Feb. 23, there is a Vocal Jazz Festival at Northwest Nazarene University. On Feb. 25, the Solo/Small Ensemble Competition and State Qualification at Northwest Nazarene University. The Sonous has a “Falls” tour on March 1-4. March 14 is the Pre-Festival Concert, and March 15 and 16 is the DIII Central Choral Festival. 

HOSA 

Students are preparing for the state leadership conference that’s occurring March 8 through 10. 

Earth Club 

In Earth Club, members are meeting on Wednesdays in teacher Jennifer Foster’s room, SE200. They are always looking for volunteer opportunities and new members. 

FCCLA 

FCCLA is about to begin service projects, specifically for the Ronald McDonald House and the River Valley Fun Fair in May. As always, they are recruiting for chapter membership.  All students are welcome to join FCCLA at any time. 

Key Club 

Key Club just held elections for next year’s cabinet. The president will be sophomore Faith Perrault, the vice president will be junior Delayne Brown, the secretary will be junior Paige France, the treasurer will be junior Claudia Giannoble, the historian is junior Trent Lima and the editor is junior Adelaide Cull. The club just made Valentine cards for the Boise Veteran’s home and delivered them. They are also planning a game night at the Spring Creek Assisted Living Center where club members will go and play games with the residents.  

National Honor Society 

In NHS, students are working on getting their second semester hours. Sophomores interested in NHS for next year should be focused on keeping their grades up to get invited to join the club. 

TSA 

TSA Club is busily preparing for the State Leadership Conference coming up at the beginning of March.  They will be competing in several events, including Coding, Vex Robotics, on-demand video, technology problem solving and more. They are excited to compete.