College football playoff and bowl season beginning to start

Fans can’t wait for the playoffs to start

Texas+Christian+University%2C+University+of+Michigan%2C+University+of+Georgia+and+Ohio+State+are+playing+in+the+college+football+playoffs.+

Sean Asay

Texas Christian University, University of Michigan, University of Georgia and Ohio State are playing in the college football playoffs.

Aren Monk, Reporter

The college football playoff is one of the most exciting sporting events in America. Many people gather to watch the best young student athletes living their dreams, making a National Football League team and winning a national championship.  

The teams that make the college football playoffs are the four teams ranked in the top four after the season ended. This year, those teams are the Georgia Bulldogs, Michigan Wolverines, TCU Hornedfrogs and the Ohio State Buckeyes. All these teams showed how they were the best by only losing one or fewer games in the regular season. Many fans think that Georgia is going all the way and going to be back-to-back national champions. This team is coached and lead by Kirby Smart  

According to fanside.com, “This is the biggest one of all. Smart had a gargantuan boulder taken off his shoulders. The former All-SEC defensive back took his beloved alma mater to the promised land. Smart is an elite recruiter, motivator and defensive tactician. Now that he is unencumbered by finally slaying the Nick Saban/Alabama dragon.” 

One of the biggest shocks of the season was that the Alabama Crimson Tide team did not make the playoff. Alabama had a down year some would say, as they finished only fifth in the nation. Alabama, coached by Nick Saban, has been the powerhouse of the college football world since Saban took the job back in 2007. Many extremely talented players are now transferring from Alabama because they did not make the playoffs. Many fans believe that Georgia is the favorite to win it all 

“I feel like Georgia has the best chance of winning because their defense is unstoppable,” said sophomore Nathan Ortega. 

Many notable faces are also in the playoff. Three out of the four players that are in the Heisman race will be competing in the college football playoffs. Those players are Stenson Bennett of Georgia, Max Duggan of TCU and CJ Stroud of Ohio State. All these players had great seasons and are looking to add a championship ring to their award room, as well. Another player that might look familiar is Michigan tight end Colston Loveland. Loveland was a four-star recruit from Gooding, Idaho.