Albert Pujols joins all-time home run leaders after hitting his 700th

People+come+to+Pro+Image+Sports+in+the+Village+at+Meridian+to+buy+Angels+merchandise+and+support+Albert+Pujols+hitting+his+700th+home+run.+

Ivan Warner

People come to Pro Image Sports in the Village at Meridian to buy Angel’s merchandise and support Albert Pujols hitting his 700th home run.

Jacob Roberson, Reporter

Recently Albert Pujols has cemented himself as one of the best baseball players of all time. He did this by hitting his 700th home run becoming the 4th all-time on the list of leaders. Pujols has made it known why he should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.  

Pujols is one of the best power hitters ever. Pujols started his career with the St. Louis Cardinals. He played with them for many years and was one of their best players ever. Pujols best years were with the Cardinals. Eventually Pujols decide to go play for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Pujols also played with the Los Angeles Dodgers for a brief period of time. Pujols stats started to decrease ever since he left St. Louis. He returned to the Cardinals in 2022 to finish his career with his original team. In 2022, Pujols hit 23 Homeruns which is the most he has hit in years. This amazing year for him allowed him to get to 700 home runs. 

“Pujols is an amazing ballplayer and has inspired countless kids to play the sport of baseball,” said sophomore Jamison Strasser. Strasser talked about how he thinks Albert Pujols plays the game the right way.  

“Pujols may be the last to ever hit 700 home runs,” Strasser said. Strasser said there may never be someone hit that many homers again.  

According to sportingnews.com,End of day, Pujols probably could have retired in 2011 andgottenhisplaque all the same.”

Many fans agree that Pujols should join other greats in the hall of fame. He is one of the best hitters of all time and has influenced the game in many ways.