Many students at Eagle High may attend military academies after high school 

With the season slowly changing into one with college acceptance letters, many students at Eagle High have set their sights high and applied to military academies with the hopes of being accepted.  

Senior Avery Charles has recently applied and gotten accepted into the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.  

“[This academy] will help me prepare to be a leader in the United States Navy and allow me to learn how to lead a group of people,” Charles said. If Charles decides to attend the United States Naval Academy, her main goals are to graduate and become a naval aviator.

“I am excited for the opportunity to achieve my goals and serve my military,” she said. 

Senior Dylan Kelly applied to many military academies, including the United States Military Academy Westpoint in Westpoint, New York, the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland and the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. “My goal is to become an officer and a fighter pilot and gain leadership skills” said Kelly. 

Senior Shihara Fernando has also applied to the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, as well as the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, with the latter accepting her application. Fernando also hopes to become a pilot in the military. 

Whether these students attend these academies or not, it will be interesting to see the outcomes of these students’ applications and how these academies will shape their future.