New Information Arises Concerning the Murders in Moscow, Idaho

The murders of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were extremely devastating for family members of the victims and students at University of Idaho. Pictured above is the Hello Walk located on the University of Idaho campus, leading to the administration building. Students are trying to heal since the tragedy happened.
Kate Lester

One of the most tragic events that happened in Idaho, just over a year ago. On Nov. 13, 2022, four college students at the University of Idaho were tragically, allegedly by Bryan Kohberger. This event that happened in the state shocked many across the nation and world. Since that night, new information has come out about the upcoming trial of Kohberger.

One new piece of information relates to the house in which the four students were killed. The house was demolished despite some of the victims’ parents not wanting that to happen.

According to cbsnews.com, “Demolition was set for during the school’s winter break, when fewer students would be in the area, according to the school…Kaylee Goncalves’ family, which has opposed the demolition, released a statement via their attorney Shanon Gray earlier this month, saying the house has evidentiary and emotional value and should not be demolished.”

Eagle High students with friends that go to the University of Idaho also have opinions on the demolition of the house.

“I feel like they should tear it down because a lot of the students there feel like that’s the best thing they should do,” said junior Trevor Kadlec.

Other new information about the case is that Kohberger acknowledged the public to be fully informed about what is going on during the time before and during the trial.

According to newsweek.com, ‘Mr. Kohberger acknowledges the right of the public to be fully informed of the issues,’ the defense wrote in Friday’s filing.”

With more information coming often about the trial and case, it is only a matter of time for the families of the students that passed away to have clarity and justice brought to them for what they have had to endure.