The 2024 Super Bowl Sure Was One to Remember

The Chiefs and 49ers battle for the title of Super Bowl Champion
Cody Long
Eagle High alumnus Cody Long drives by Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers played in the Super Bowl LVIII on Sunday, Feb. 11.
Sports Fans that cannot attend the Super Bowl in person watch it in other places such as restaurants, homes and many other places. Eagle High Alumnus Cody Long watches Super Bowl LVIII in sports bar BETMGM in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Cody Long)

This year’s super bowl featured a rematch of the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers. These teams also faced off in the Super Bowl back in 2020. The chiefs were able to walk away with the victory during their last Super Bowl matchup. However, the 49ers are looking to get their revenge this year.

There are many fun activities for the Super Bowl to make it fun even if one’s favorite team isn’t playing.

One thing is a Super Bowl party, which is the most popular thing to do during the game. Spending time together while watching the Super Bowl is a must. Another thing is making lots of good food to eat with family or friends. Eating with loved ones while watching the game is something the Super Bowl is known for.

“My family always has other people come over to watch the game and hang out,” said freshman Jeremiah Dutchover.

Another thing is Super Bowl squares. Super Bowl squares give everyone a number one through nine. After every quarter whoever has the numbers that correlates with the score is the winner. These can be a fun thing to do with friends. If one doesn’t have a team to root for, it allows one to root for a score. Many people do these and have the winners get prizes like gift cards.

According to romper.com, “See if there are any psychics (or just good guessers) in your company with this fun Super Bowl prediction game. Before kickoff, everyone fills out their guesses for everything. Whoever gets the most right is the winner.”

There are lots of fun things that people do during the Super Bowl. No matter what one does the Super Bowl is always a great time.