Eagle High’s Drama Department is Performing the Goofy Farce ‘Flaming Idiots’

Sophomore Emma Stephans holds junior Marin Weaver as they prepare for the new play ‘The Flaming Idiots.’ The cast is super excited to share what they have done for everyone. (Ally Godfrey)

Eagle High’s theatre program is preparing for their newest play “Flaming Idiots.” This play is a comedy and should be very fun to watch. The drama students are working hard for a good performance and making sure everything is just right.

The students must work very hard to make it perfect for their audience. The drama students have been practicing every day after school to get everything just right. The Stagecraft class is working on the set, but nothing has currently been shown yet.

“We have rehearsal every day at school from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., but sometimes we get out earlier,” said sophomore Emma Stephens.

“Flaming Idiots” was written by Tom Rooney and is about two friends, Phil and Carl. Phil and Carl decide to start a new restaurant, and they hear about a nearby restaurant getting popular for a famous mob hit. Phil and Carl then make the wise decision to hire a hit man to make the restaurant more popular. Everything ends up going wrong.

“They try and mimic the same murder. Of course, everything ends up going wrong,” said sophomore Allyson Godfrey.

Acting and speech teacher Tracy Harrison is the director of the upcoming play. The cast is small, only about twelve people in total including the stage managers. The cast includes Godfrey as Louise the Hit Woman, Stephens as reporter Jayne Fryman, junior Marin Weaver as the aspiring actress and waitress Geanie, junior Henry Wright as the titular character Phil, senior Jack Windsor as the unserious and goofy Carl, senior Bradley Fischer as Officer Task, senior Jenna Brooks as the Deaf waitress Bernadette, senior Tewedros “Teddy” Klein as the mysterious “Norwegian” Ernesto and Lauren Avery as The Body.

The cast will perform “Flaming Idiots” on Oct. 25 through Oct. 28. The play will be in the Eagle High Auditorium at 7:00 p.m. The cost to get into the play is only eight dollars.

The Eagle High drama students are thrilled to perform this crazy and funny play for everyone. They are ecstatic for every to see their incredibly hard work.