The Student News Site of Eagle High School

The Stampede

The Stampede

The Stampede

March News Briefs

Aca Deca 

The Aca Deca team had their state competition on March 15 and March 16. 

Acting 

The Advanced Acting class is finishing their “Uta Hagen” unit, learning from the actress’ book, “Respect For Acting.” They are also rehearsing their pieces for the “Senior Showcase” that will highlight everything that they’ve been taught this year. They will be performing on the first week of May. Dates will be announced soon on the official Instagram: @eaglehightheatre. 

BPA 

All of BPA’s participants qualified for nationals.  They have two teams including the Global Marketing Team and the Personal Finance Management team.  BPA meets on Wednesdays in teacher Joe Gossi’s room and continue to work on their projects.  BPA nationals will be May 10-14 in Chicago, IL. 

German Club  

The German Club meets about every two weeks on B day Fridays in portable E. Meetings are announced on the German Club channel in Teams. Please email junior Anja Morgan at [email protected] or junior Alana Rowland at [email protected] for more information or to get added to the team. Past German Club events include learning about German music, food, history and politics and eating German candy, like chocolate and pretzels.  

HOSA 

This month HOSA attended their state conference in Pocatello from March 6 through March 9. The club has six girls and they competed in various medical competitions.  

Congratulations to the following HOSA members on their results from our State Leadership Conference in Pocatello: 

Sophomore Ariyanna Thompson received fourth in Behavioral Health. 

Senior Nicole Welch received fifth in Cultural Diversities & Disparities in Healthcare. 

Sophomore Bailey Roberts and sophomore Ariyanna Thompson recived 10th in Health Career Display. 

Sophomore Grace Merrill, sophomore Amanda Carpenter and senior Nicole Welch placed 10th in Public Service Announcement. 

Key Club 

Key Cub is hosted the District Convention on March 2. Also, members babysat the Eagle High staff’s kids on March 6 on the day students had school off. 

National Honors Society 

The NHS volunteered in the Andrus Art and Stem Night on March 4, the science spectacular at pioneer on March 8 and will be volunteering at the Meridian Food Bank March 26. They will also be sending out invitations to sophomores to join NHS before spring break. 

Writing Club 

The writing club is currently getting ready to do community service at the Eagle Senior Home. They are reading ten pages from stories they have written to the senior citizens there.