Advisory did not work

This year, Eagle High and many other schools in the West Ada School District added an extra period to the school day called advisory

Students have differing opinions on the benefit of the added class period.

Jessie Snooks

Aren Monk, Photographer

Advisory at Eagle High is not working. The kids that go to advisory and do what they are told either work on late work or just sit in the class for 20 minutes.  

Most students don’t like advisory. They don’t like that their lunch is shorter than what it was last year and want their old lunch back. Last year lunch was way longer than it is this year, and many people would like it back. 

Some think that advisory is a good thing but that is simply not the case. The advisory system that they put in has made many things more difficult than they need to be. 

“Advisory is a waste of time, and it serves no real purpose to the school,” said sophomore Abby Fuhriman. “It is a time-waster and people don’t even go to class half the time.” 

More people than Fuhriman have talked about their discomfort with advisory.  

“I hate advisory. They pulled my grades when I still had a D, and now I’m stuck in there for a full quarter,” said sophomore TJ Culpepper. 

Many students at Eagle High and other schools in the West Ada School District have not been happy with the advisory implement this year. Things should go back to the old way, and kids should have a longer lunch. If they need to get work done, they can do it then.