Gateway is now officially open for the winter season

Griffin Griggs

Students from the community love taking advantage of the snowy winter nights and all that Gateway has to offer.

Audrey Splaine, Media team

With the temperature starting to drop for the winter season, activities in Idaho are finally opening for the season. Idaho is known for its great weather for skiing, snowboarding and tubing, and recently, Gateway Parks opened to the public for the season. 

Located at Eagle Island State Park, Gateway is a fun environment to spend time with family and friends of all ages. This local park is a great way to bond during weekends and holidays. During breaks, they offer hot cocoa, cider, coffee, food and more. They also have a large gazebo with picnic tables and a fire to stay warm.  

Throughout the day, there are seven sessions available, each being an hour and a half long. Tickets must be purchased or reserved online 24 hours in advance. With groups of 10 or more, tickets must be purchased at least 48 hours in advance. With school closures and weekends, tickets must be purchased at least one hour in advance.  

Tickets and passes can also be purchased online for the entire season. From Dec. 19 to Jan. 3, different deals fit most everyone’s needs. Depending on the time and the day of the week will determine when sessions will be. During the day from 12:30 to 7:15 p.m., there are four sessions costing 25 to 30 dollars. At night, from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m., the cost can range anywhere from 20 to 27 dollars. For those who plan on going to gateway fairly often, it is recommended to purchase a season pass for 189 dollars. Keep in mind that season pass holders can only book one session per day but can stay for longer if not all sessions are booked fully.  

The season typically runs from November to the end of March, and many high school students work at Gateway throughout the season. This gives them a part-time job of responsibilty and teamwork.  

“I really enjoy working with fun people in a great environment and also making kids happy during their time here,” said junior Ava Grund, who works at Gateway.  

High school students and even young adults who work at Gateway report about the great working environment and fun time they have while working.  

“Gateway is a great place to work. It is always fun and doesn’t just feel like work. It feels like a winter wonderland,” said senior Dallas Sargent, who works at Gateway. 

So, during this holiday season, stop by Gateway for a day of fun with family and friends to enjoy treats and fun activities.