Preparations for this Year’s Eagle High Choir Concert

The Eagle High Choir students celebrate the end of their rehearsals and are excited to start their winter performance. They stand in front of a mural of choir teacher Seth Mcmullen.
Kate Vorobieff

Students, parents and choir teacher Seth McMullen are preparing for the upcoming Holiday Concert. Even though this performance is still a few months away, there has been a good amount of preparation.

“Holiday Concert truly is a sight to behold. It is also really thought out and the music is amazing,” said senior Belle Hall. “The students work so hard, and you get to experience multiple different types of music that come from different cultures.”  Hall has attended choir concerts in past years and considers it a very fulfilling experience.

Many of the choir students view this concert as one of the most exciting concerts that takes a  great deal of hard work to prepare for. They have a strong sense of passion for what they do.

“It’s important to prepare because there’s a lot that goes into it and it’s a massive production with a lot of different choirs, themes and songs,” said senior and member of the choral program Eva Fales. “It’s crucial to prepare yourself so that students cannot only enjoy the concert while they’re in it, but also give the best product to the audience that come for it.”

For many students, especially the seniors who are part of the Eagle High choral program, it is a very memorable moment because it is the last time they can be part of these performances.

“I’m trying to savor and enjoy the times I have with my choir because I have been doing this since the beginning of high school and this Holiday Concert is my last one,” Fales said.

The process of improving the songs has already begun, and on Dec. 2, all of the choirs will gather for a mass rehearsal to improve the finer points of the songs they will be singing together.

“It is our responsibility to prepare and put in the work, so we can put on our best show for the audience,” said junior and member of the choral program Lydia Dildine. “Its not only the workload we have as a choir, but the reputation that the Holiday Concert has that we have to uphold.”

Students are welcome to attend the concert, which is a fantastic way to support and witness their classmates’ unique gifts and talent. The concert will take place on Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. and on Dec. 16 there will be two performances, one at 1 p.m. and the other at 4 p.m.