There are Exciting Fall Traditions around Eagle High

Fall is the perfect time to create memories with loved ones. Fall traditions vary in every family, whether that means watching movies or decorating for upcoming holidays.
    Izzy Rios

Eagle High is rich in fall traditions. Everyone has a tradition they do over the Fall, whether it be trick or treating during Halloween or something else entirely.

One tradition that many Eagle High students participate in around the city of Eagle is the annual downtown fall event, “The Harvest Fest.”

According to cityofeagle.org, They will be holding the annual fall event at Heritage Park on Oct. 14, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The live event will contain pumpkin decorating, riding live ponies, kids’ crafts and playing cornhole with live music. The city claims they will have over 1500 pumpkins to give away at the event.

Besides this, staff and students around Eagle High are not short of their own traditions.

“We’ll take our bikes from Merrill Park and go to Boise State. Sometimes we park at Kristen Armstrong, and we ride,” said counselor Karen Evans. “We bike especially during the Fall because it’s not as hot and it’s beautiful.”  Biking along the greenbelt is a popular fall tradition for many.

“I enjoy watching football games, that’s something I do. I also harvest my garden, just my vegetables,” said teacher Jennifer Foster. “I like to go on hikes, too.” Teachers and administrators around the fall time tend to spend their time with nature, to relax.

The most popular fall tradition, trick-or-treating, is enjoyed by many Eagle High students. They celebrate it by dressing up and going around neighborhoods knocking on doors and asking for candy.

“I just hang out with friends; I just go trick-or-treating.” Said junior Nathan Kendall, “I don’t dress up or anything, just for fun.” Although Eagle High students typically don’t dress up for Halloween anymore, they still celebrate the holiday.

In addition to Halloween, many Spanish students and the Spanish club celebrate El Dia De Los Muertos, which is a Mexican holiday like Halloween, but different in that it is a holiday to celebrate and honor the deceased.

Around Eagle High, one will find a large array of fall traditions. From trick-or-treating, biking, harvesting your vegetables, or going to locally hosted events and activities with their family, there’s a tradition for everyone. Around Eagle High, one will find a large array of fall traditions. From trick-or-treating, biking, harvesting your vegetables or going to locally hosted events and activities with their family. There is a tradition for everyone.